Have a toilet clog that won’t go away? Call (256) 701-6181 for professional clogged toilet repair in Huntsville, AL.
Clogged Toilet Repairs
The toilet is one of the most often used plumbing fixtures, and there is nothing more frustrating than dealing with a toilet that won’t flush properly. In some cases, the problem may be related to a simple clog; however, when a large foreign object such as a toothbrush or toy gets stuck deep down into the up-curving trap, an ordinary plunger just won’t work to solve the problem.
At Scott Plumbing, we understand how important the functionality of your toilet is, and our friendly, highly-trained staff is dedicated to helping get you the fastest, most reliable emergency plumbing services. Read below to learn about the common reasons why toilets become clogged.
What Can Cause a Clogged Toilet?
A clogged toilet can be a result of more than just items being flushed down. Some of the most common causes of clogs are:
- Basic Clogs: It’s not uncommon for small children to flush excessive amounts of toilet paper down the drain. Children are still learning about common sense in terms of quantity issues, and here is an example where they can over use. Other culprits can be diapers, baby wipes, thick paper towels, and other disposable personal items that aren’t water soluble.
- Foreign Objects: Small children are curious by nature and often can’t resist the temptation to place small toys into the toilet bowl, just to see if they will flush down. In addition to toys, a number of other unlikely items can make their way down the toilet such as hair accessories, shampoo and conditioner bottle caps, toothbrushes and even washcloths.
How Do We Solve Clogged Toilet Problems?
At Scott Plumbing, we know that time is of the essence when it comes to clogged toilet repair. Having a bad clog can be uncomfortable due to foul odors that could escape, and it can be unsightly if anyone has to use that particular restroom. No one wants to have to wait until the next day for this type of repair.
When we arrive, we will inspect the condition and severity of your clogged toilet and explain the details of the problem. This will help you to understand the root of the problem as well as how to better prevent the same problem in the future. Our technicians have all the tools and experience to quickly unclog toilets and perform all other necessary toilet repairs.
How To Prevent Clogs in the Future?
Once your toilet is back in working order, we want to make sure that you know how to prevent toilet clogs in the future. Check out the list we have on easy and simple ways in which you can prevent clogs in the future.
- Keep a small trash bin next to the toilet. Use this trash bin to dispose of items such as diapers, baby wipes and other heavy-weighted tissue items.
- While water conservation is important, don’t be afraid to flush the toilet as many times as necessary to avoid a large flush that could ultimately lead to a clog.
- Use lightweight toilet paper rather than a thicker version.
- Use less toilet paper, if possible.