Why Perform Plumbing Maintenance?
Water comes into and goes out of the home via a network of pipes. Plumbing may seem like it can just work continuously once installed and will never need to be worked on again. Unfortunately, this is a mistaken impression. Proper care of a plumbing system is essential. Routine maintenance helps prevent major problems with the system before they even start. This keeps professionals from having to replace the system prematurely and improves efficiency.
Keeping the Drains Clean
The first way to prevent problems with plumbing is to keep up with drain cleaning. When done correctly, this helps prevent problems with clogs and issues that can occur because of clogs, like leaks and burst pipes. Baking soda and vinegar is a good household remedies that homeowners can use for drains, helping prevent clogs and reducing odors.
However, homeowners should also schedule routine drain cleaning from a professional to prevent clogs and keep pipes running smoothly. Homeowners should avoid chemical drain cleaners because they can actually do more harm than good and lead to corrosion in the pipes. Professional services like pipe augering and hydro jetting are safe for pipes and are fast and effective ways to clean drains.
Plumbing professionals do much more than just clear clogs and fix leaky faucets. When it comes to maintenance, they can give the whole plumbing system a once over and verify that everything is working correctly. Allowing professionals to perform maintenance lets them get to know the plumbing in a home, and they can identify problems before they become serious. A few of the tasks that a plumber can take care of for the average household during maintenance include the following:
- Check Backflow Prevention Devices: Certified plumbing technicians can check the home’s backflow preventers to ensure the valves are working correctly to keep dirty water from contaminating the clean supply water. This is important for the health and safety of the whole community.
- Check for Leaks, Corrosion, and Damage: A plumbing inspection can bring to light issues that homeowners might not have noticed before they cause extensive damage that can cost a great deal to fix. Plumbing techs can tighten loose connections, replace corroded parts, and fix toilet leaks in no time so that a homeowner does not have to deal with the fallout of an issue that was not caught in time.
Water Heater Maintenance
Water heater maintenance is just as vital as maintenance for the entire plumbing system. A water heater has a number of parts that need to be checked and kept in proper working order. Routine water heater maintenance leads to better efficiency, lower utility bills, fewer repairs, and a longer lifespan. Some of the tasks that a plumber does during a maintenance visit include:
- Checking the anode rod and replace if needed
- Cleaning the burner or heating element
- Flushing the hot water tank
- Checking the pressure release valve
- Tightening connections
About Scott Plumbing
The award-winning Scott Plumbing is a local family-owned and operated business serving Huntsville, AL, and the surrounding areas. They provide same-day service, straightforward pricing, and always on-time service. Call them today for maintenance, drain cleaning, or water heater maintenance in Huntsville, AL.
Distribution Links +