Three Ways to Upgrade the Bathroom for Mom
Mother’s Day is this month, and instead of buying flowers that will die in a week, why not upgrade the bathroom for a more permanent gift? It’s never too late to give Mom a gift she will love. A bathroom renovation can be more than just a gift for mom. It can be a gift for the whole family. This article will suggest a few bathroom upgrades to make anyone enjoy their space more.
Get a Showerhead Upgrade
Getting a new showerhead is a simple upgrade, but it can make a big difference in the showering experience. Some popular options available for showerhead upgrades include the following:
- Low-Flow Showerheads: If a homeowner decides to replace the showerhead and is looking for an eco-friendly option, a low-flow showerhead is the way to go. This type of shower head is designed to save water and money without sacrificing water pressure.
- Rain Showerheads: These are typically larger showerheads meant to hang vertically and allow a relaxing water flow to simulate rainfall. It creates a calming shower experience and can be a focal point for the room.
- LED Shower Heads: These shower heads provide a bit of color light therapy along with the shower. They usually have a range of color choices that can provide a calming light or one to help energize.
- Built-In Speakers: Some high-tech shower heads now come with built-in speakers that allow a person to listen to music or podcasts to their heart’s content.
Install a Bathtub
A new bathtub can completely change the look of a bathroom. Whether it is a corner jacuzzi tub or a vintage-looking clawfoot tub, it will set the tone for the room. Baths contribute to a luxurious feel in the bathroom and can also provide various health benefits, including:
- Baths can help the body relax and improve mood.
- They can lower blood pressure.
- They can improve circulation.
- They can provide comfort for sore muscles.
Change the Aesthetic With a Sink or Faucet Upgrade
If the bathtub is too large a project, installing a new faucet and sink may be the way to go to help transform the bathroom. Replacing old, outdated faucets with new ones can be beneficial. For example, a new touchless faucet can help save water and prevent germs from spreading. A new sink can also make a refreshing change for an older space.
Even switching from shiny outdated chrome fixtures to something more understated, like oiled brass, can make a bathroom seem more calming and less sterile. Another way to make a change is by using accessories like art, towels, and plants. Neutral earth tones can help create the desired calm spa aesthetic.
About Scott Plumbing
Scott Plumbing is a family-owned and operated business serving Huntsville, AL, and the surrounding areas. They provide honest price estimates, same-day service, and always arrive on time. Call them today for bathroom renovation services in Huntsville, AL.
Distribution Links +